Last night I had uploaded a new Microhero into my gallery. The Microhero in question was of Kasumi of the Dead or Alive series, and it was perhaps a damn good Microhero interpretation of the character-- perhaps one of my best Microheroes that I have ever done considering the base which I had to use and the fact that I had to make the outfit from scratch pixel by pixel. Now, making Microheroes isn't very easy at all considering the fact that sometimes parts do have to be made pixel by pixel to resemble the reference material-- this is true especially for armor, clothes and whatever accessories are found with the character in question.
I had poured my heart and soul into making a damn good interpretation of Kasumi from Dead or Alive and there aren't many Microhero interpretations of her, as I have only seen two on the internet. So mine being the third, I was more than ready to share with the world and being satisfied with my work-- I uploaded it onto DA. However there was a major problem which immediately caught my eye concerning my pixel work. The file was created in Paint as a .BMP file, and then later worked in GIMP with Alpha Channels added to create it into a transparent .PNG file. Now, looking at the .PNG file onto my hard drive-- the file retains it's pixel work like the coloring and shading just fine. However, whenever it is uploaded online, the shades of blue bleed into each other and make the blue this blue-purple shade and all the pixel work in the detailing is lost. Confused, I spent all night trying to figure this out. I posted the issue over at Microheroes International Board in the help section and I have yet to get a response back.
A friend of mine suggested that I save the file as a .GIF and I do just that. Problem solved, the Kasumi Micro needed to be saved as a .GIF and when that was done-- the pixel work and the shading remained as I had applied them onto the base template and I decided to upload the file onto Photobucket to see if the colors wouldn't bleed together. Well, the solution turned out to be that the file simply needed to be turned into a .GIF! I shared the Kasumi Microhero over with the folks at Microheroes International Board and was ready for an upload on DA.
There is just one annoying problem...
DeviantArt is somehow not recognizing the .GIF file.. Everytime I try and upload the .GIF file, I get a blank preview screen with the DeviantArt logo and red text telling me that a preview is required to upload it into my gallery. I've spent literally all night into getting this micro of Kasumi to appear the way I want it with the solution at hand, and now DeviantArt won't let me upload it because it can't recognize the file in it's preview?
BULLSHIT MY DICK!!
There shouldn't be a problem in recognizing the file as a .GIF because Photobucket was able to recognize it pretty easily and I was able to upload it there. I don't know why DeviantArt can only recognize the file when it's in a .PNG or .BMP but is unable to recognize it as a .GIF when Photobucket clearly recognizes it and is able to upload it.
I almost want to say that this new submission feature is horrible but I haven't had any trouble with uploading the last few Microheroes I have done in the last few days. So either something is wrong with the file, which is not likely the problem since I was able to upload it on Photobucket or DeviantArt's submission feature has some serious problems, and some of them might be intentional limitations.
This means the only way to see Kasumi is either on Microheroes International Board, Photobucket, Furaffinity, or even my Tumblr.
So much for uploading Kasumi here on DeviantArt.